Sunday 20 January 2013

My classroom 2013

This year, I have decided to take a small step backward (at least to start with) and give each student their own desk. I have done this for a couple of reasons. In their desk they will keep their pencil case, sunhat and any other personal belongings. Their books, as you will see from the photos, will be kept together. They will still have some freedom to roam at times, however, my intention is to break them slowly into Flexible Spaces after first learning about expectations and routines, and building the skills they need to work effectively as individuals and teams.

I have set my room up quite differently this year - still placing an emphasis on having a shared space for the whole class, an 'empty' table space for group work (desk groups can also be used), and also pockets for purpose - such as an office where the computers are, a maths area, a literacy area and a creative design (art) area. It will be interesting to see how the layout works and how the children respond to it.

Take a look at the pics,

Classroom January 2013 on PhotoPeach

No comments:

Post a Comment