Tuesday 20 March 2012

Children in your class not using thier imaginations???

Sometimes I find that children can lack imagination and problem solving skills. Usually the times when it is most problematic is during writing when they "have nothing to write about" or during play times. It's usually at this time behaviour issues might arise from boredom. Well.... no longer will this be an issue in my classroom (theoretically anyway!).

I have just stumbled across SCAMPER. So now on my to-do list I have: making up a display and a box of goodies that the children can help themselves to. I think I will put into the box a camera so the children can record thier thoughts and ideas.

First though, I think it is important to introduce them to the idea and have a bit of a go as a class. I feel some fun afternoons coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment