Saturday 31 December 2011

The end and the beginning....

Things worthy of mentioning for 2011:
  • Successful classroom blogging and some independent children
  • Some success and deveopment with Active Inspire (still think the SmartBoard holds the technology back though!)
  • Some success with personal blogging and tweeting
  • Proffessional Development external courses - ILT Conference, Kath Murdoch, Behaviour Management, iPad/iPod
  • EduCamp Invers
  • Some amazing and supportive colleagues, particularly my tutor teacher and syndicate leader
  • Some success with initial trial of Personalised Learning
  • Full Registration!!!!
  • Got my car back fully diagnosed and cured - now runs like a dream
  • Bought a new bike and have re-ignited my like for 'cyclists tan-lines'????
This year it seems has been a very career-focussed year, with a most boring personal life. This has been great for setting me up with my career, now as a 'real' fully registred teacher and I'm very much looking forward to the challenges ahead. 2012 for me brings a new teaching location. New school and new city. Moving back to Christchurch has been an easy-ish decision for me as I believe it will provide the opportunites for me to move ahead and achieve my personal and professional goals. Christchurch has had a hard time and many, many people have said "why Christchurch?" To me, Christchurch now has so much potential (not that it needed any more!) and I want to be a part of moving forward and looking to the future. After all, as a teacher, that's what I'm always trying to cater for. Living and working on the outskirts I hope I will be safe and happy. Having said that, I will miss Invers - mostly the family and friends that I have here. I hope they all come and visit, and I too, will be back to visit.


Things I'm looking forward to in 2012:
  • New colleagues, new children, new structures, new challenges, new personal learning
  • My 'own' wee place (for however long I can afford it!)
  • Having a city life with arts and culture
  • Cooking for friends
  • Educamps (I believe there's a ChCh one and maybe a Nelson one...)
  • An ActiveBoard that I will have mastered by the end of the year!
  • Personalised Learning and hopefully some options for Flexible Learning Spaces
  • Exploring new parts of the South Island (and getting some fresh air at the same time)

1 comment:

  1. You have set a strong foundation for your future carreer in teaching over the last 2 years. I am looking forward to our future connections professional and personal.
    "To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream. Not only plan but also believe!"

    ReplyDelete