Monday 16 May 2011

Teacher Inquiry Observation

My teacher inquiry is focussed on increasing the levels of surface features in writing. One of the ways I have been doing this is to introduce Whole Brain Teaching. I know that this strategy can be applied across the curriculum, however, as it is new to me I want to do it small but do it right first.

Anyhow, today I had an observation focussed on my teacher inquiry. I asked the observer to focus mostly on the WBT strategy. She was impressed. I was also very impressed. Today was the day that I had the best WBT session of the term. And the results were amazing! She couldn't get over the student engagement and the focus in the room. Not only that but the success that the children were having was HUGE. One girl in particular who can be a wee bit slower to pick up concepts, was so onto it! (The observer could tell I was super surprised but stoked about her immediate success!)

A great lesson and I can't wait to continue with WBT!

No comments:

Post a Comment