Saturday 3 August 2013

Winter clean-out

The staffroom discussion on Thursday was about the amount of stuff that a teacher collects.The teachers were describing their various storage 'spaces' and other staff members, who are no longer full time classroom teachers, and teacher aides both said they had dedicated space to resources at their homes - one even had a whole side of their garage. 

Four years into teaching and I would say I've collected a fair amount of 'stuff'. The first two years of teaching was the time that MOST gathering happened. I was just starting my career as my next door neighbor was heading in a slightly different course. Fortunately, following that, I moved cities, giving me a chance for a haul out. I did get rid of a lot. I stored a little bit at my parents house and told them it would be temporary (it's still there - they remind me of that often and would like it gone!). They helped me move and we took two car loads - one full of house stuff, one full of school stuff. Now, two years on, I've collected a bit more.

I do not keep anything at home because of my living situation, so it's all at school. After our staffroom discussion, I thought about some of the boxes I've never opened and I've decided to have a clean out. Of EVERYTHING. I'm an extremely organised person so everything is already in 'uses' with subject areas. My aim is to 'digitise' as much as possible and get rid of the paper!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Alice.Having a clear out is good. Next week I will be sifting through 13years of stuff. I hope to take the bare necessities only to my next classroom.
    After all everything is available digitally.

    ReplyDelete